RS6798_CHW-logo-preview.png

September 19, 2021

On Sunday, September 19th at 2 PM, we will walk with six other churches in Ferndale and Royal Oak to fight hunger both here and around the world.  Registration on walk day will begin at 1:45 at Zion and walkers will have an option to walk the 5K or Golden Mile route.

Please join the “Zion Lutheran Church of Ferndale” team, sponsor a walker or make a donation to the team at www.crophungerwalk.org/ferndalemi or contact Tracey Anderson at 248-721-1824.  As a walker, you may walk with the group on 9/19, walk on your own anytime as a virtual walker or raise funds only as a spirit walker.  Please consider using the tools on the CROP Walk site to do your fundraising. 

25% of the funds we raise will go to work locally at food pantries and lunch programs in Ferndale and Royal Oak with a percentage going to the Zion Food Pantry; the remaining 75% will go to Church World Services to help needy people throughout the world.  Last year, Zion had 22 walkers and we raised $4,750 towards the $9,665 Ferndale Area CROP Walk total.  Zion’s food pantry received over $2,400.  Let’s beat last year’s numbers!

 

Thanks for helping feed the hungry both in our community and throughout the world!

Contact

Walk Coordinator, Tracey Tavalire
Contact info: tracey.anderson94@yahoo.com
Home: 248-548-2499 / Cell: 248-721-1824